Join us and receive our monthly newsletter –the best of the blogs, discount codes and competitions.
Spa Welcome Accredited Diploma
2 Day in-house oncology massage courses for Spas
Post Graduate Diploma in Spa Welcome for Cancer Patients
Free of charge with minimum product order
4 separate accredited and certified Post-Graduate Diplomas in Oncology Therapies
- Oncology Massage
- Oncology Facials
- Oncology Hand, Nail and Foot Treatments (specialist manicure for cancer patients and specialist pedicure for cancer patients)
- Oncology Balanced Body and Mind Treatment for those affected by cancer – a full body treatment using specialist chakra oils and crystals
Includes accredited and certified qualifications for:
- front of house
- retail staff
- senior leader
- spa managers
- spa directors
- non-specialist therapists
2 day in house training for oncology therapies for cancer patients
Accredited by professional bodies (FHT and CThA)
Spa - Massage for cancer patients courses UK
Please contact us for further details
0800 999 8518
At Jennifer Young Training School, our specialist training for spas allows you to welcome those affected by cancer and be insured to do so.
The recognised experts in spa treatments, skincare for cancer patients and well-being for those affected by cancer, The Jennifer Young Training School provides full training and support to spa partners.
Upon successful completion of your training you will not require medical consent as standard in order to be able to provide a full spa menu to cancer patients. You will be insured to work hands on with cancer patients and those living beyond cancer, usually at no extra premium.
This 2 day oncology training course is available in-house or at one of our training venues across the UK (and in UAE and Asia).
After welcomes, introductions and venue familiarisation the group will cover any concerns arising from the pre-course learning. Delegates are encouraged to ask questions about any matters relating to massage for cancer patients or the wider field of oncology.
Your therapists will be given a fully referenced, evidence-based 56 page workbook to complete gradually during the two days of their training.
After the opening session when any and all issues can be discussed your will also be given a fully referenced, evidence-based 107 page practical workbook.
Additional copies of these booklets are available for the spa management to keep on file for future reference.
The oncology course workbooks are designed to take all learning styles into account and are accessible to all. Accelerated learning techniques are used as standard during oncology courses with the Jennifer Young Training School.
The oncology course workbook covers the following
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- The biological mechanisms underlying the common side-effects of treatment for cancer
- The ways in which the main treatments for cancer impact the disease and what can go wrong
- The skincare and well-being products that are suitable when working with cancer patients
- The natural and organic ingredients that may cause harm when used on those living with and beyond cancer
- Beneficial ingredients in natural and organic skincare for cancer patients
- Medical devices that you may encounter when working with those going through treatment for cancer
- The purpose of the medical devices associated with treatment for cancer and their purpose
- Scalp care for cancer patients – you are likely to meet clients affected by cancer who are experiencing temporary hair loss
- The ways in which touch can be adapted so that you are able to welcome everyone living with and beyond cancer, no matter what their condition or experience
- The main contraindications to touch for those living with and beyond cancer
- Emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- Personal impact of a cancer diagnosis
- The language of cancer, it's treatment and how to welcome your new clients
- The hygiene standards required when working with cancer patients and how these differ from the standard taught during our entry level qualifications
- The ways in which therapists can look after themselves as well as others, emotionally and physically
- The requirements of the laws in place to protect the client and the therapist
- The simple steps that can be taken to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- The consent process
In addition, your therapists will also cover
- The evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of facial massage for cancer patients. All of the references underpinning this knowledge are included in the workbook, allowing therapists to conduct further detailed research into any areas of particular interest.
- The ways in which touch can be adapted to enable you to welcome all to enjoy your oncology touch therapies, no matter what their condition or concerns
- Physical adaptations and procedural adaptations are both considered
- The products (massage oils, skincare and essential oil blends) that can be used and their therapeutic benefits – ours therapies are results driven and the products used are as important as the touch therapy
- Oncology treatments in a clinical setting
- The language to use when liaising with an oncology healthcare team
- The consent process
- Mindful consultation and record keeping (we will work with you prior to the course to ensure that all new requirements fit seamlessly with existing processes
- Five safe and effective oncology treatment routines that can be adapted to be offered to all, no matter what their condition or concern
- Individual adaptations to the oncology treatment routines
- Adaptation decision making
- How to make a client comfortable
- Home care
- Standardised and recognised methods of collecting data to prove the effectiveness of your oncology massage therapies
During the second day of the oncology massage based spa welcome course we will welcome models who have been diagnosed with cancer at some point in the past. The Jennifer Young Training School undertake to invite models on your behalf should you feel unable to do so.
It is an integral part of our two-day oncology course and is loved by all. The models are delighted to be welcomed into luxurious surroundings and the therapists are grateful to have the opportunity to work with their first Jennifer Young client with the full support and encouragement of our expert tutor.
Your therapists will be assessed both formally and informally throughout the oncology course. Your therapists will complete various workbooks and activities during Day 1 and Day 2.
You are asked to submit your case studies for marking and you will be given an open book exam workbook which is also to be completed, submitted and marked before we can issue our accredited Post-Graduate Diplomas in oncology massage, oncology facials, oncology manicures and pedicures and balanced body and mind chakra body treatment.
Assessment methods can be adapted to meet the needs of each student. The Jennifer Young tutors are experts and are likely to intuitively adapt their methods to suit your learning preferences. We encourage students to tell us of anything that we can do to help the learning be the best it can be for them prior to course commencement. We are very discreet and all information provided is confidential.
We offer accredited certification upon successful completion of the oncology course. Certificates are issued to the spa, not direct to the therapists.
All students are invited to our online learning area for students. This online learning resource is regularly updated and contains new evidence, references and findings. The field of oncology massage and other therapies for cancer patients is constantly evolving. It is our mission to make sure that you are the best spa offering treatments for cancer patients that you can be.
We take our responsibilities very seriously and we will share any new learning and developments with you.
The Jennifer Young Training School also offers unlimited refresher training and top up training. All training is free to spas with a minimum product order. Full details are available on request.
All students, spa managers and therapists are welcome to contact us when we are needed.
BOOK NOW or call us on 0800 999 8518
Please ask if you have any questions.