Join us and receive our monthly newsletter –the best of the blogs, discount codes and competitions.
Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga for those affected by cancer and their carers
3 Day Oncology Yoga Course - Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga for those affected by cancer and their carers
2 days yoga for cancer patients independent learning
1 day with face-to-face yoga for cancer patients (training with a tutor)
2 professional bodies accreditation (FHT and ThinkTree)
At Jennifer Young Training School, our oncology course training shows you how to adapt yoga so you can offer safe and effective sessions for cancer patients. All of our oncology courses are accredited by FHT and CTHA which enables you to find insurance to offer cancer massage and yoga therapy. We remove the fear.
- Pre-course learning to be completed before attending the practical day
- Practical day with tutors
- Case studies to be completed before certification
When you book onto our Post Graduate Oncology Yoga course you will be sent some pre-course learning. This covers some of the basics of working with cancer patients and those affected by cancer.
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- Emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- Personal impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of yoga to those affected by cancer
- Welcoming those affected by cancer, and their carers. to a yoga class
- Client Consulation
- Medical consent
- A suggested class
When you attend your oncology course training day you will be shown how to work with those affected by cancer, how to adapt your yoga techniques and work with your client to make the class the most beneficial it can be for them. The consultation process is covered in detail, as are the insurance requirements.
Each of our day courses costs £250, for which you receive pre-course learning, a full day of practical training and support through and marking of your case studies. You will also be featured on the therapist register on Beauty Despite Cancer.
We'd be delighted to send you our course overview, please just ask. Or, view our other oncology massage courses and therapies here.
Also, as seen in...