Join us and receive our monthly newsletter –the best of the blogs, discount codes and competitions.
Post Graduate Diploma in Oncology Aromatherapy
At Jennifer Young Training School, our oncology training shows you how to adapt aromatherapy techniques so you can offer safe and effective oncology aromatherapy for cancer patients. All of our oncology courses are accredited by FHT and CTHA which enables you to find insurance to offer cancer massage and other therapies.
- Pre-Course Learning to be completed before attending the practical days
- Two practical blending days with Tutors
- Case studies to be completed before certification
When you book onto our oncology aromatherapy course you will be sent some pre-course learning. This covers some of the basics of working with cancer patients and those affected by cancer. This is to be completed before attending your practical days.
- Physiology of cancer
- Pharmacology of cancer treatment
- Interaction between the physiology and pharmacology of cancer treatment and essential oils
- The physical, emotional and spiritual conditions that you may encounter
- Oils that research has found to help with certain conditions
- Chemistry of essential oils
- Methods of administering essential oils to those affected by cancer
- Client consultation
- Medical consent
- Suggested blends
Your insurer should insure you upon completion of the course (no-one has refused so far). If your insurer won't, ours will.
Our aromatherapy course costs £450, for which you receive general pre-course learning, qualification specific pre-course learning where appropriate, two full days of practical training and support through and marking of your case studies. You will aslo be featured on the therapist register on Beauty Despite Cancer. You will be able to access the Defiant Beauty Collections at a wholesale price as well as salon sizes that are only available to our trained therapists.