Join us and receive our monthly newsletter –the best of the blogs, discount codes and competitions.
Post Graduate Diploma in Oncology Indian Head Massage
3 Day Oncology Massage Course - Post Graduate Diploma in Oncology Indian Head Massage
2 days massage for cancer patients independent learning
1 day with face-to-face massage for cancer patients (training with a tutor)
2 professional bodies accreditation (FHT and CThA)
At Jennifer Young Training School, our Oncology Indian Head Massage training shows you how to adapt massaging techniques so you can offer safe and effective oncology massage for cancer patients. All of our oncology massage courses are accredited by FHT and CTHA which enables you to find insurance to offer cancer massage therapy.
- Pre-course learning to be completed before attending the practical day
- Practical day with tutors
- Case studies to be completed before certification
When you book onto our oncology massage courses you will be sent some pre-course learning. This covers some of the basics of working with cancer patients and those affected by cancer.
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- Emotional impact of diagnosis and treatment
- Personal impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of indian head massage to those affected by cancer
- Welcoming those affected by cancer to have an indian head massage treatment during the class
- Client Consulation
- Medical consent
When you attend your training day you will be shown how to work with those affected by cancer, how to adapt your indian head massage techniques and work with your client to make the oncology massage the most beneficial it can be for them. The consultation process is covered in detail, as are the insurance requirements.
Each of our day courses costs £250, for which you receive pre-course learning, a full day of practical training and support through and marking of your case studies. You will also be featured on the therapist register on Beauty Despite Cancer.
We'd be delighted to send you our course overview, please just ask. Or, view our other oncology massage courses and therapies here.