Join us and receive our monthly newsletter –the best of the blogs, discount codes and competitions.
Post Graduate Diploma Balanced Body and Mind
3 Day Oncology massage Course - Post Graduate Diploma in Balanced Body and Mind
2 days massage for cancer patients independent learning
1 day with face-to-face massage for cancer patients (training with a tutor)
2 professional bodies accreditation (FHT and CThA)
A bespoke oncology massage course carefully adapted to suit individual needs, using the specialist oncology massage skills that you will acquire during the Jennifer Young Balanced Body & Mind Post-Graduate Diploma.
The treatment experience starts with identifying the chakra to be balanced during this indulgent and soothing full body treatment. Using 100% natural and organic oils blended for their affinity with the chakra energy centres, as well as crystals, this treatment is ideal for even the most sensitive skins.
Learn how to harness the power of specialist touch, the energy of the crystals and the therapeutic benefits of essential oils bring balance, harmony & well-being. Your clients will be left feeling deeply relaxed. The experience is extended to include the scalp ensuring that your massage brings total release.
You will learn how to adapt oncology massage for cancer patients and be insured to do so.
- Pre-course learning to be completed before attending the practical day
- Practical day with tutors
- Case studies to be completed before certification
When you book onto our oncology balanced body and mind course you will be sent some pre-course learning. This covers some of the basics of working with cancer patients and those affected by cancer.
Day 1 - Pre Course Learning, to be completed at a time of your choice prior to your practical cancer massage day
Your fully referenced, evidence-based 56 page pre-course learning workbook will be sent to you as soon as you confirm your oncology course booking.
You are asked to read and complete the 'massage for cancer patient's' workbook and bring it with you to your face-to-face oncology massage practical day with your tutor.
The cancer massage pre-course learning covers the following:
- The biology of cancer
- Main treatments for cancer and their side-effects
- The biological mechanisms underlying the common side-effects of treatment for cancer
- The ways in which the main treatments for cancer impact the disease and what can go wrong
- The skincare and well-being products that are suitable when working with cancer patients
- The natural and organic ingredients that may cause harm when used on those living with and beyond cancer
- Beneficial ingredients in natural and organic skincare for cancer patients
- Scalp care for cancer patients – you are likely to meet clients affected by cancer who are experiencing temporary hair loss
Day 2 Practical face-to face learning day with the tutor (venues available throughout the UK)
After welcomes, introductions and venue familiarisation the group will cover any concerns arising from the pre-course learning. Delegates are encouraged to ask questions about any matters relating to massage for cancer patients or the wider field of oncology.
After the opening session when any and all issues can be discussed you will be given your fully referenced, evidence-based 50 page practical workbook.
The cancer massage workbook is designed to take all learning styles into account and is accessible to all. Accelerated learning techniques are used as standard during oncology courses with the Jennifer Young Training School.
When you attend your oncology training day you will be shown how to work with those affected by cancer, how to adapt your oncology massage techniques and work with your client to make the specialist cancer massage the most beneficial it can be for them. The consultation process is covered in detail, as are the insurance requirements.
The Jennifer Young Balanced Body and Mind is an oncology massage course which focuses on the chakras, the relationship between certain essential oils and chakras. It also comprehensively covers the crystals known to have an affinity with the chakras.
You will cover:
- Evidence to support the many well-proven benefits of massage for cancer patients. All of the references underpinning this knowledge are included in your workbook, allowing you to conduct further detailed research in any areas of particular interest.
- The ways in which touch can be adapted to enable you to welcome all to enjoy your massage for cancer patients, no matter what their condition or concerns
- The products (massage oils, skincare and essential oil blends) that can be used
- Physical adaptations and procedural adaptations are both covered
- Seated oncology massage
- Clothed oncology massage
- Caner massage through towels
- Oncology massage in a clinical setting
- The language to use when liaising with an oncology healthcare team
- The consent process
- Mindful consultation and record keeping
- A safe and effective oncology massage routine that can be adapted to be offered to all, no matter what their condition or concern
- Individual adaptations to the oncology massage routine
- The essential oil blends that are suitable for use during treatment for cancer
- The relationship between those oils and the chakras
- The crystals known to have an affinity with the chakras
- The inclusion of crystals in a body treatment therapy for cancer patients
- Adaptation decision making
- How to make a client comfortable
- Home care
- Standardised and recognised methods of collecting data to prove the effectiveness of your oncology massage therapies
3 massage for cancer patients case studies are required to be submitted and marked before certification. Your case studies have to have been diagnosed with cancer in the past, they do not need to be actively in treatment for cancer but it is fine to work with those who are.
Full support is given throughout the case study process and we will help you to find case studies in your area if you are unable to find some willing volunteers.
Each of our oncology massage training day courses costs £250, for which you receive pre-course learning, a full day of practical training and support through and marking of your case studies. You will also be featured on the therapist register on Beauty Despite Cancer.